Learning how to play the guitar is not only based on learning how to strum the chords it also includes learning to play the songs. If the player is a beginner, it may be a little difficult for him to play songs with the guitar.
Here are some tips for beginners in choosing which songs to play the guitar with:
1. The best time to choose songs and play a song with a guitar is after the beginner has mastered the basic skills of guitar playing. He should already know how to hold a guitar, strum and tune the guitar.
2. The beginner should already be familiar with the chords before he chooses a song that he can play. He should know the basic chords as well as the more complicated ones before choosing a song.
3. He needs to practice shifting chords before he can play a song. He should practice by continuously moving the fingers to learn the different chords. This will make the fingers more flexible when changing chords.
4. When choosing a song, he can first choose songs that use only the basic chords; start with songs that use only 2 or 3 chords for the rest of the song.
5. The songs that he chooses should not also be too up-tempo so that he can easily follow along with the chords and the speed of the song. A beginner may have a difficult time following the chords and shifting his fingers if the song is too fast - start with the slower mellow ones.
6. The beginner may check out the songs like